Curriculum Policy and Major Education
Western Australia – Key Documents – the 1975 Context
Secondary Education in Western Australia (Dettman Report) – 1969
- Report of the Committee on Secondary Education, appointed by the Minister for Education (Hon. E. H. M. Lewis, MLA) in June 1967.
- Aims to investigate and report on the future organisation of secondary education in Western Australia.
- Outlines recommendations for the re-organisation of secondary education.
- Recommends that external examinations (the Junior and Leaving examinations) should be discontinued and replaced by internal school assessments and standardised tests.
- Recommends that a Board of Secondary Education should be established to exercise a general overview of the curricula, to maintain standards of all secondary schools in W.A., and to be responsible for the award of a Certificate of Secondary Education.
Full report available